Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday is a good day

I've had some serious blues lately so today I am writing about the good things to counteract it. It's like reverse psychology on myself. :)

I am happy about and grateful for:

1. My children and grandchildren, sister, Mom and brothers and other assorted relatives
2. I have a job (can't resist the disclaimer - I'm not crazy about it)
3. I have a home that I really love
4. I have some fantastic friends
5. I have cable TV and can watch NCIS (LOL)
6. My Scrabble game is damn good
7. Eric, Tracy and Eli are coming to visit in June!
8. I am in touch with some old, precious friends.
9. It's almost summer

I'm sure there are more, but they'll have to be listed later.

Last night I was channel surfing and stopped upon the comedian Lewis Black. My God, he is hysterically funny. It was an older show and he was bashing GWBush so of course that delighted me. He segued into a bit about the Old and New Testaments which had me really laughing. You should check him out. Warning: he drops the F Bomb a lot (further endearing himself to me).

I also am delighted with the backlash against AIG. I did see the CEO or some high muckety muck of AIG said the bonuses were distasteful but necessary but I didn't read the article 'cause I don't feel like getting mad right now. Besides that, I won't believe a word of it when I do read it. I have long been railing against exhorbitant salaries. Who in the world is worth millions of dollars a year? No one, in my opinion. Not CEOs, CFOS, sports player or actors. It's ludicrous. The greed of people is unbelievable.

Watching my favorite NCIS last night made me forget about American Idol which, while I don't die if I miss it, I do like to watch it especially since Matt G. from Kalamazoo is doing so well. The reason I'm mad I missed it last night is because Randy Travis was the mentor and I love Randy Travis. I think he is one of the coolest guys ever. Sings good too.

And that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Married

Just Married
David and Cassandra