Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday to and from Detroit

Amy, Karen and I went to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Detroit Art Institute. Rockwell painted for the Saturday Evening Post from 1916 to 1950! We saw original canvases and many reproductions. I was thinking before we went that I wasn't too much of a Rockwell fan but the man was absolutely brilliant. Just goes to show you can't know an artist for his magazine covers. :) The canvases are, of course, much better than the reproductions. He was gifted indeed.

It was a rainy, rainy, dreary day and Detroit is sadly falling apart. It's sad to see.

I'm glad I wasn't driving in the alternating drizzle and pouring rain and I think Karen only almost got us killed once. Not bad for a day's work. lol

We did go to Mexican Town and had a fabulous lunch and to the Mexican bakery where they sell tamales too. We bought tamales and no sweets. Mmm mmm.

And, finally, if ever you're in a car with Amy and she says turn left - BEWARE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you exaggerate. ANY left will do. :)))))

    ReplyDelete

Just Married

Just Married
David and Cassandra