Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's such a beautiful day!    74 degrees and sunny.  Ahhhhh

I opened my front curtains and came face to face with an adorable little chickadee.  (My window ledge outside is only a couple of inches off the ground.) He/she looked right back at me for a few seconds and then flew up to the limb of a close by tree.  Chickadees are really, really cute.  I actually love to watch birds even though I am afraid of anything that flies.  At my mother's apartment complex there is a pond outside her back window where we watch ducks and geese and one awesome heron.  We think it's a blue heron.  Herons are unusual looking and acting.  We have watched it walk in ultra slow motion around the pond - never getting into the water, never swimming.  The other day it walked right past Mom's window, so we got a good close up view for several minutes before it spread its amazing wings and flew away. It was exciting!  :)  

Here's a chickadee - they're much cuter in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Married

Just Married
David and Cassandra