Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Wednesday

New pic of the darling Layla today. She is starting to coo and make noise. Carmen and I think she's so darn cute we can't stand it. But what else would a grandma and great grandma think? :)

Winter is cold and messy. I am trying, without a lot of success, not to be the grumpy old woman about it so I'll say that every once in a while it's kinda, sorta pretty, in a way.

I have a talent for writing - I have done some great poetry if I do say so myself and the novel I started has some really good writing. But, I'm not too sure I have the capacity to sustain a plot. The reason I say this is because I have watched "Emma", "Pride and Prejudice" and "Sense and Sensibility" in the past months and, Oh! how I wish I could write like Jane Austen! Or even close. Perhaps I will work on ye olde novel some more and see how it goes. I have to change the plot line anyway because someone in the past few years has published something very similar to my plot - I know, how rude! I couldn't even believe it and I must say I was mightily po'd. :)

I am reading two mysteries at once. One by James Patterson, High Lord of the mystery and one by Catherine Coulter, also a fabulous writer. They are both so intense that I can't just sit and read for hours so I switch back and forth when I think I can take it. I get pretty involved in these stories. :)

Wow, there are a lot of "I"s and on that note, that is all for today.

2 comments:

Just Married

Just Married
David and Cassandra